Staff Selection Commission released the SSC CHSL notification on 18th November 2017. The application submission started on the same date. You can apply until 18th December 2017 for the same. This Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam is held for recruiting Lower Division Clerks (LDC), Data Entry Operators, Postal/Sorting Assistant, Court Clerk, etc. The Tier 1 exam consists of four sections – out of which Reasoning is probably the most time-consuming section. That is why we have compiled a list of SSC CHSL Reasoning Tips for you.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern – Tier 1
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time|
|Reasoning Ability||25||50||75 minutes in total|
All the questions are of objective nature. And 0.5 marks will be deducted for each wrong attempt. Furthermore, there is no sectional cut off.
SSC CHSL Reasoning Tips
- Make a study plan – Follow the study plan religiously. This will help you prepare in an organized manner and thus, in an efficient manner.
- No assumptions – Do not make any assumptions before you read the question. Read the question carefully and use only the data given to solve the problem.
- Solve by elimination – If you can’t solve a problem, try to eliminate the impossible options using the data given.
- Do not guess – Since there is negative marking, you should not guess any answer. However, you can make a calculated and educated guess if absolutely necessary.
- Improve your imagination skills – You should try seeing objects in 3D from your mind’s eye. This will help you in solving dice and paper folding questions.
- Take Mock Tests – You should take one mock test daily to keep improving gradually. You should also analyze your performance. Make a note of the questions you didn’t attempt, attempted incorrectly, and spent most of your time on. And focus more on these topics to improve your score.
- Learn tricks and shortcuts – You can try learning and implementing shortcuts to solve problems. This will help you save a lot of time which is crucial in SSC CHSL exam.
All the best!