Chhattisgarh state government increases reservation for SC and OBC
• Chhattisgarh government announced an increase in the reservation for Scheduled caste (SC) from 12% to 13% and for Other Backward Classes (OBC) from 14% to 27%. This announcement was made by Chief Minister (CM) Shri Bhupesh Baghel This announcement was made on August 15 celebration at the Police parade ground in Raipur, Chattisgarh.
• The state’s reservation becomes a total of 72 percent is the highest in the country The reservation limit of 50 percent mandated by the Supreme court.The “Gaurela-Pendra-Marwahi” which will be carved out of Bilaspur. This is done for better administration of the state. The state will have total districts to 28.
• Cow shelters: Cow shelters in the state will now be linked to biogas plants as a move of income generation. Also assistance of Rs.10,000/month given to Gowtham (cow shelter) committees.
Lemru forest development: Development of the Lemru forest area as ‘Lemru elephant reserve announced. It is a mineral rich area in Korba district of Chhattisgarh. This move to take deal with the increasing man-animal conflicts in the northern part of the state.The govt. will be launching a new scheme ‘Suposhan Abhiyan’ on October 2 2019 to fight malnutrition across the state.The special initiative to provide forest land rights to tribals in Abhujmad was launched.There are 200 food parks in the state were promised.
Online revenue payment system launched by CM of Odisha
• Chief Minister of Odisha Shri Naveen Patnaik launched online revenue payment. The main aim is to provide people with an easier way to make their land revenue payments-online on 73rd Independence Day on August 15, 2019, at Bhubaneswar. This online payment system was developed at the National Informatics Centre- Bhubaneswar, Odisha. This is an initiative of the State revenue department of Odisha under the “5-T mantra”.
• The 5T mantras are based on Technology, Transparency, Team work, Time and Transformation .Mahatma Gandhi’s talisman dedicated as part of his 150th birth anniversary. The talisman is inscribed on a brass plate in both English and Odia language with a neat sketch of the Father of the Nation.Veteran freedom fighters Bhavani Charan Patnaik and Nilamani Samal were present.
• The newly constructed Kharavel Bhavan built at a cost of Rs.128crore by L&T(Larsen & Toubro) on 8.3acres of land in Bhubaneswar was inaugurated by the CM.Around 11 departments of the state government will function in this building.It have a lounge and a conference hall for the CM.The building was named after Kharavela who was a king of Kalinga.
Fifth Meeting Of BRICS Minister Of Environment Held In Sao Paulo, Brazil
• Fifth BRICS Minister of Environment Meeting held in Sao Paulo, Brazil. It is preceded by the 2-day meeting of BRICS Joint Working Group on Environment. The Indian delegation led by Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Shri Prakash Javadekar.
Prakash Javadekar stated that India achieved its Nationally Determined Contributions(NDCs) under the Paris Agreement, reduction of energy intensity by 25 %, increment of forest cover by nearly 15,000 sq km , Swachh Bharat Mission initiative, Waste Management Rules.The initiatives of BRICS countries and reaffirmed India’s support to BRICS cooperation.
• The BRICS Ministers delegations to join at 14th CoP (Conference of Parties ) scheduled to be held from 2 – 13 September 2019 and contribute to the efforts to combat desertification and land degradation.
India free of single-use plastic campaign . The massive campaign that will be launched to make India free of single-use plastic.The Ministers of BRICS countries underlined the” Partnership on Urban Environmental Sustainability Initiative (PUESI)”. This is used to share knowledge & experience on major issues such as waste management, cogeneration, reverse logistics, sanitation, urban air quality, urban green areas.
BRICS Environmentally Sound Technology (BEST) Cooperation Platform was highlighted for innovations, knowledge sharing and capacity building
• It was adopted for improvement of the river ecosystem and tackling marine waste.The Ministers agreed to support the development of Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework & they urged developed countries to meet their commitment under the UNFCCC (United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change) and its Kyoto Protocol and Paris Agreement to provide means of implementation of climate finance, technology development and transfer and capacity-building support.
Brazil was led by Mr. Ricardo Salles, Minister of Environment. Minister of Natural Resources and Environment, Mr. Dmitry Kobylkin led the Russian delegation, while the Chinese delegation was led by Mr. Huang Runqiu, Vice-Minister of Ecology and Environment and the South African delegation was led by Minister of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries, Ms. Barbara Creecy.
APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATIONS:
Harshad Pandurang Thakur appointed as NIHFWs director
• Harshad Pandurang Thakur appointed as the director of National Institute of Health and Family Welfare. The proposal of appointment was approved by the appointments Committee of the Cabinet. The cabinet is headed by Prime Minister.
• National Institute of Health and Family Welfare
The National Institute of Health and Family Welfare (NIHFW) established on 9th March 1977 by the merger of two national-level institutions namely the National Institute of Health Administration and Education (NIHAE) and the National Institute of Family Planning (NIFP). The NIHFW, an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India They acts as an ‘apex technical institute’ as well as a ‘think tank’ for the promotion of health and family welfare programs in the country.
Bajrang Punia to get Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2019
• Bajrang Punia awarded Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2019. It is the highest country award in India. Bajrang Punia is set to be awarded the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2019.The country's highest sporting honour.
Punia will be rewarded with the award for his consistent showing in the field of wrestling. His contribution in bringing laurels to the country. Punia along with Vinesh Phogat was recommended by the Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) for the prestigious award.
Punia his title at the Tbilisi Grand Prix won the gold medal by prevailing over Iran's Peiman Bibyani in the 65kg final of the men's freestyle competition.
Punia stamped his authority in the Asian circuit. He won the Asian Wrestling Championships in Xi'an, China.Punia won the gold medal in the 65-kg freestyle wrestling event at the Asian Games held in Jakarta.
He defeated Japanese wrestler Takatani Daichi 11-8.He won the gold medal in the same category at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games. He overcame Kane Charig of Wales by Technical Superiority to clinch the gold.
Indian cricket team skipper Virat Kohli and weightlifter Mirabai Chanu were awarded the Khel Ratna Award.
The first recipient of the award was Chess Grandmaster Viswanathan Anand who was honored for his performance in the year 1991-92.